Final Year End Letter
6/1/2022 7:41 am
Dear JBE One Families,
What fun to watch our children perform this morning at the May Day festivities and to celebrate the 5th Grade graduates from JBE – congratulations!
Just two half-days left of this school year and on behalf of the JBE One PTO and Endowment executive boards, we wanted to send a final newsletter to wrap up the year.
We started back to school last Fall still in Covid protocols and despite these headwinds, the PTO Executive Board was hard at work this past year getting back to normalcy on many programming and activity fronts. We had successful Capital Campaigns, Spirit Nights, and a Spring Auction with both Board working together to grow our bank accounts. The Endowment Board ends its 2-year term, with one of the biggest structural changes in decades, legally combining both PTO and Endowment organizations into a single "JBE One" entity to streamline efforts with 7 Executive Board seats and a new set of approved by-laws.
Other 2021-2022 JBE One highlights include:
· Funded the overhaul of the JBE library, taking it from "At-Risk" to "Exemplary", with all new books installed ahead of this upcoming Fall school year
· Designed a new JBE school logo
· Created the new JBE One website to centralize communication channels
· Launched the JBE One school store and introduced a new uniform ordering process with new colors and fabrics
· Expanded boat building to 5th grade in addition to 4th grade with plans for 3rd grade curriculum in coming years
· Funded and implemented Orton Gillingham reading method across 1st grade with expansion into kindergarten this coming year
· Created multiple connection points between JBE One committees and Teacher committees
· Streamlined teacher budgets by grade level to maximize spending
· Hosted All-Hands in various JBE zoned neighborhoods
· Introduced the Neighborhood Captains concept for stronger communication and inclusion
· Turned Uniforms and Greenhouse accounts into profi centers
· Digitized the school emergency form and captured greater volunteer interest
· Increased the total number of parent / family volunteers – the highest in many years
Please take the opportunity to thank your friends and neighbors on the JBE One team and all the committee members that volunteered their time and energy to accomplishing the list above!!
We leave the school year with a budget surplus in our accounts as we hand the baton over to the new executive board - the first under the JBE One entity - led by new JBE One President Katie Edwards.
It has been our honor to serve the school, its students, teachers, and administrators and represent the parents and guardians who make JBE such an amazing school.
Have a great summer!
Anna Chalmers Alex Chalmers
JBE One PTO President Tom Lee Endowment President