JBE One is organized for the purpose of supporting the education of children at James B Edwards Elementary by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers and community.
If you would like to volunteer at JBE, you must first register with Raptor. This includes chaperones for field trips, classroom volunteers, and JBE ONE volunteers. Background checks are good for 3 years - if you're not sure if your is still "good," try to Register using the link below and it will tell you.Register
Katie D. Edwards
The President is the head of the JBE ONE Executive Board, drives forward the JBE One mission and vision, and oversees all of its activities. Responsibilities include:
- Preside at general JBE ONE meetings and executive board meetings.
- Serve as primary contact to the principal and represent JBE ONE at meetings of other groups, if needed.
- Organize the Neighborhood Captains
- Assist the Grandparents Group as needed
- Organize the Fall Capital Campaign (Color Run)
- Organize a Nominating Committee
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Retain all official records of JBE ONE.
- Assist when necessary in any of the various activities JBE ONE hosts.
- Send out regular communications to the school community.
- Also the Tom Lee Endowment Representative with the Strategic Initiatives Chair
The Vice President assists the president and plays a role in running the day-to-day operations of JBE ONE. Responsibilities include:
- Participate in executive board meetings and provide input for decisions.
- Perform the duties of the president if the president is absent or unable to serve.
- Organize the Spring Auction
- Organize Spirit Nights
- Manage General Fundraising including Passive Fundraising (grocery store checkouts etc)
- Provides training and leadership support for the committee chair people.
- Serve as bylaws expert.
- Be a liaison for new families.
Mandy Osborne, Mihela Coopersmith, Beth Howard and Katie Catalana (co-chairs)
The Treasurer is the custodian of the parent group's funds through management of budgeting, collection, and budget execution tracking and management. Responsibilities include:
- Works with executive board and committee chairs to develop annual budget.
- Keeping an accurate record of receipts and expenditures in Quickbooks
- Collects and tracks fundraising money.
- Writes checks for purchases and reimbursements in accordance with approval of the executive board.
- Tracks and reconciles income and spending on a monthly basis.
- Develops and creates monthly and annual financial reports to maintain transparency.
- Organizes the books for annual audit.
- Shall handle all accounts receivable.
- Count and deposit all moneys received.
- Record to which account the moneys shall be posted.
Secretary / Comms
The Secretary supports record-keeping for JBE ONE and the communications committee in their outward communications and marketing. Responsibilities include:
- Supports preparation of agendas for general meetings.
- Weekly Newsletters
- Social Media
- Communications with JBE Staff, Neighborhood Captains, Volunteers etc
- Record and distribute minutes of executive board meetings and general meetings.
- Maintain a complete file of all approved minutes, agendas, and materials distributed at any official JBE ONE meeting.
Jodi Fuqa and Rebecca Sailor (co-chairs)
Strategic Initiatives focuses on long term plans and programs. This chair is the Tom Lee Endowment Representative and Coordinator, along with the President. Responsibilities include the maintenance and expansion of programs such as:
- Field Trips
- Orton Gillingham
- Technology and Media Lab
- Boat Building
- Special Curriculum
Amelia Smith, Melissa Rollins and Ashley Davis (co-chairs)
Staff Appreciation focuses on keeping our staff happy through a variety of avenues. Our goal is to make JBE a happy work place. Faculty Relations also coordinates the room parents for teachers and works to keep the campus Beautiful. Responsibilities include:
- Treat Cart
- Staff Meals
- Staff Appreciation Week
- Coffee Providers
- Zen Den
- Lunch Coverage
- Room Parents
Meredith Glitner and Rachel Stanley (co-chairs)
The Community Building team works to create memories and events that will make Mt. Pleasant a better place to be. Our goal is to make JBE a fun place where kids learn through play and academics. Events such as our plant sale bring not only the JBE family but our local community as well.
- Christmas Parade
- Plant Sale
- Community Building/Environmental Events
- May Day
- Field Day
- Celebration Days
- Awareness Days
- Fact and Fee Family Night
We are so thrilled that JBE One is so well supported! Our Fiscal Year runs ends June 30th. The $ we raise this CURRENT year is what we spend NEXT year. The Budget for the following year is set annually in May. For example, the money we raise Sept 2023-May 2024 gets actually spent in the following year, Sept 2024-May 2025 and so on.
If you have any questions about this budget, please contact the Treasurer team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the: Approved JBE One Budget 2023-2024
|Additional Greenhouse Staff||$18,000.00|
|STAFF SERVICES||Principal Funds||$500.00|
|Classroom Contributions ($250 per teacher)||$9,000.00|
|Health: Nurse Nancy||$500.00|
|Library: Heidi Benton||$11,500.00|
|Intervention Programs: Holly Price||$500.00|
|French: Lindsay Brackin-Duncan||$500.00|
|Orton Gillingham - Annual Programming Support||$5,000.00|
|Teacher / Staff Appreciation||$12,000.00|
|Community Building Events||$3,000.00|
|Shed for SPED and PTO||$1,000.00|
|Palmetto Music Therapy||$1,00.00|
|5th Grade End of Year||$1,250.00|
|JBE ONE||PTO Admin Costs||$2,500.00|
|FUNDRAISING / AUCTION COSTS||Rentals, Servers, Food/Beverages, Auction Items, etc||$5,000.00|
|General||Things that come up throughout the year||$1,500.00|