JBE ONE is organized for the purpose of supporting the education of children at James B Edwards Elementary by fostering relationships among the school, parents, teachers and community.
If you would like to volunteer at JBE, you must first register with Raptor. This includes chaperones for field trips, classroom volunteers, and JBE ONE volunteers.Register
Katie D. Edwards
The President is the head of the JBE ONE Executive Board, drives forward the JBE ONE mission and vision, and oversees all of its activities.
- Preside at general JBE ONE meetings and executive board meetings.
- Serve as primary contact to the principal and represent JBE ONE at meetings of other groups, if needed.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Retain all official records of JBE ONE.
- Assist when necessary in any of the various activities JBE ONE hosts.
- Send out regular communications to the school community.
The Vice President assists the president and plays a role in running the day-to-day operations of JBE ONE.
- Participate in executive board meetings and provide input for decisions.
- Perform the duties of the president if the president is absent or unable to serve.
- Provides training and leadership support for the committee chair people.
- Serve as bylaws expert.
- Be a liaison for new families.
Beth Howard and Katie Catalana (co-chairs)
The Treasurer is the custodian of the parent group's funds through management of budgeting, collection, and budget execution tracking and management.
- Works with executive board and committee chairs to develop annual budget.
- Shall keep an accurate record of receipts and expenditures.
- Collects and tracks fundraising money.
- Writes checks for purchases and reimbursements in accordance with approval of the executive board.
- Tracks and reconciles income and spending on a monthly basis.
- Develops and creates monthly and annual financial reports to maintain transparency.
- Organizes the books for annual audit.
- Shall handle all accounts receivable.
- Count and deposit all moneys received.
- Record to which account the moneys shall be posted.
Secretary / Comms
The Secretary supports record-keeping for JBE ONE and the communications committee in their outward communications and marketing.
- Supports preparation of agendas for general meetings.
- Record and distribute minutes of executive board meetings and general meetings.
- Maintain a complete file of all approved minutes, agendas, and materials distributed at any official JBE ONE meeting.
Strategic initiatives focuses on long term plans and programs.
- Field Trips
- Technology and Media Lab
- Boat Building
- Special Curriculum
Amelia Smith and Shannon Rice (co-chairs)
- Treat Cart
- Staff Meals
- Coffee Providers
- Zen Den
- Lunch Coverage
- Room Parents
McRae Hogan and Rebecca Sailor (co-chairs)
- Christmas Parade
- May Day
- Field Day
- Celebration Days
- Awareness Days
- Fact and Fee Family Night
Download the: Approved JBE One Budget 2022-2023
|STAFF SERVICES||Principal Funds||$750.00|
|Art: Madeline "Taylor" Shapiro||$1,500.00|
|Computer: Emily Willis||$7,500.00|
|Music: Sarah Newton||$800.00|
|PE: CJ Rozzi||$3,500.00|
|Health: Nancy O'Donoghue||$500.00|
|Guidance: Christina Bottomley||$500.00|
|Library: Heidi Benton||$2,500.00|
|SAIL: Nancy Platt||$1,000.00|
|SpEd: Rosen, Biss, Youra||$8000.00|
|Intervention Programs- Holly Price||$1,000.00|
|French: Lindsay Brackin-Duncan & Maitland||$1,000.00|
|SPECIAL PROGRAMS/EVENTS||PBIS Christina Bottomley & Robbie Ledford||$1,000.00|
|Orton Gillingham - Annual Programming Support||$500.00|
|Teacher / Staff Appreciation||$5,000.00|
|Community Building Events||$5,000.00|
|5th Grade End of Year||$1,000.00|
|JBE ONE||PTO Admin Costs||$3,000.00|
|Membership ToolKit Annual Subscription||$1,250.00|
|JBE ONE WEBSITE||Administration Role - Magan Smalls||$4,500.00|
|FUNDRAISING / AUCTION COSTS||Rentals, Servers, Food/Beverages, Auction Items, etc||$10,000.00|
|JBE - NEW LOGO ASSETS||Purchasing new sign, branded table cloths, door mats, etc||$1,500.00|