Welcome to JBE ONE's Website!
If you are returning to our website, log in and you will be prompted to update your student's info for the new school year.
Forgot your password? Click on the Register/Login button and then click on I forgot my password.
New to our website?
Create your FREE account in 3 steps!
1. Click on the Register/Login Button to create your User Account and click "verify my email."
2. Check your email box for the verification email and click link to complete the process. The link expires in 2 hours. If you do not receive the email, check your spam or junk folders.
3. Once you have verified your email address complete your registration here.
Thank You Sponsors!
Color Run 2022
JBE One Update 8/5/22
8/9/2022 8:25 am
Important Note From The Nurse
If you have a student with any medical concerns and you'd like to schedule a one-on-one meeting with Nurse Nancy please sign up HERE.
Please be sure to check out the latest JBE One Newsletter HERE! It has some very important back to school information including Fact & Fee times, school supply lists, uniforms, Open House, CD orientation, and more!
Message from our new JBE One President
7/9/2022 11:46 am
Hello James B. Edwards Family!
My name is Katie Edwards and I am honored to serve as your new JBE ONE President alongside a rockstar Executive Board. As an alumni of JBE, I am very passionate about our little school, the staff, the students and look forward to all the fun we’re going to have together this year!
But let me back up – did you hear that PTO and the Tom Lee Endowment officially merged into JBE ONE?! If not, check out this quick video. We’re stronger and streamlined, working as one: JBE ONE.
But as everyone knows, teamwork really does make the dream work and we have an INCREDIBLE TEAM as your Executive Board this year:
Vice President – Anna Upbin
Secretary - Ryan Lemire
Treasurers - Beth Howard and Katie Catalana
Strategic Initiatives - Jodi Fuqua
Faculty Relations - Amelia Smith and Shannon Rice
Community Building - McRae Hogan and Rebecca Sailor
Throughout the year we will be highlighting each of these areas so stay tuned there!
Again, I am honored to serve and look forward to the year!
If you have thoughts, questions, or ideas, don’t hesitate to reach out (email@example.com)
Coming soon, details of our BIG plans for 2022-2023!Read More
Principal Fountain's Message To Families
6/27/2022 5:18 pm
I hope you are having a wonderful summer. I am enjoying some extra time/energy to read (reading for pleasure is very hard for me during the regular school year). I read Nick Offerman's Where the Deer and the Antelope Play and now I am reading Let's Go (So We Can Get Back): A Memoir of Recording and Discording with Wilco, Etc. by Jeff Tweedy.
We all know that reading over the summer is one of the VERY best things our students can do. Not only does it prevent the "summer slide," it increases vocabulary and thinking skills. But did you know it is just as important for our kids to be read TO (even those big 5th graders!)? Children can comprehend much more complex and higher-level stories read to them than they are able to read independently. Take advantage of summer and bond with your family over a good book, maybe share your favorite childhood novel as a family! It's not too late to sign up for the CCSD/CCPL summer reading challenge to motivate and reward your family members for reading or listening to a read-aloud.
Then, wherever you are (near or far!), snap a photo of your kiddos/family reading and post them to Instagram with the hashtag #JBEGlobalReadership. And don’t forget to tag @jamesbedwardselementary so we can share how our global leaders are also global readers!
As you probably recall, last year we merged PTO and the Tom Lee Endowment into JBE One to be as efficient and as effective as possible. I am so looking forward to collaborating with JBE One to take JBE to the next level! Moving forward, there will no longer be a JBE Update from my office AND a JBE One newsletter, we are merging our communication into this JBE One Update -check out the message from the JBE One president, Katie Edwards soon.
Love,Principal FountainRead More
Final Year End Letter
6/1/2022 7:41 am
Dear JBE One Families,
What fun to watch our children perform this morning at the May Day festivities and to celebrate the 5th Grade graduates from JBE – congratulations!
Just two half-days left of this school year and on behalf of the JBE One PTO and Endowment executive boards, we wanted to send a final newsletter to wrap up the year.
We started back to school last Fall still in Covid protocols and despite these headwinds, the PTO Executive Board was hard at work this past year getting back to normalcy on many programming and activity fronts. We had successful Capital Campaigns, Spirit Nights, and a Spring Auction with both Board working together to grow our bank accounts. The Endowment Board ends its 2-year term, with one of the biggest structural changes in decades, legally combining both PTO and Endowment organizations into a single "JBE One" entity to streamline efforts with 7 Executive Board seats and a new set of approved by-laws.
Other 2021-2022 JBE One highlights include:
· Funded the overhaul of the JBE library, taking it from "At-Risk" to "Exemplary", with all new books installed ahead of this upcoming Fall school year
· Designed a new JBE school logo
· Created the new JBE One website to centralize communication channels
· Launched the JBE One school store and introduced a new uniform ordering process with new colors and fabrics
· Expanded boat building to 5th grade in addition to 4th grade with plans for 3rd grade curriculum in coming years
· Funded and implemented Orton Gillingham reading method across 1st grade with expansion into kindergarten this coming year
· Created multiple connection points between JBE One committees and Teacher committees
· Streamlined teacher budgets by grade level to maximize spending
· Hosted All-Hands in various JBE zoned neighborhoods
· Introduced the Neighborhood Captains concept for stronger communication and inclusion
· Turned Uniforms and Greenhouse accounts into profi centers
· Digitized the school emergency form and captured greater volunteer interest
· Increased the total number of parent / family volunteers – the highest in many years
Please take the opportunity to thank your friends and neighbors on the JBE One team and all the committee members that volunteered their time and energy to accomplishing the list above!!
We leave the school year with a budget surplus in our accounts as we hand the baton over to the new executive board - the first under the JBE One entity - led by new JBE One President Katie Edwards.
It has been our honor to serve the school, its students, teachers, and administrators and represent the parents and guardians who make JBE such an amazing school.
Have a great summer!
Anna Chalmers Alex Chalmers
JBE One PTO President Tom Lee Endowment President
May Day postponed due to weather
5/27/2022 7:55 am
May Day will now take place on Tuesday, May 31st at 8:30am. An updated signup genius is here https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090845afa82baa8-mayday!Read More